Linux Service Desk Support Engineer
One of Stream Recruitment prestigious clients are looking for a Service Desk Support Engineer with strong skills supporting Linux in a live production environment. This role offers a fantastic career progression to either Senior Linux System Admin or DevOps Engineer depending on which direction chosen in a short space of time.
- Requires the successful candidate to have previous experience in application support in a Linux environment.
- You will monitor, maintain and fix any production issues escalated by monitoring systems or the help desk within the SLA.
- Requires you to proactively resolve operational production issues using ITIL as a best practise framework for service management.
Essential skills are:
- ITIL – Foundation V3 or upwards
- Experience with using Linux Server (Redhat and Solaris)
- Experience of a Service Desk 1st/2nd Line role in an ITIL or ISO 20000 environment using an IT service management toolset.
- Experience with online system monitoring (eg Nagios, Opsview, Solarwinds, Zabbix)
- Experience with distributed architecture monitoring.
- Database Knowledge (MS SQL, MySQL, Postgres, Sybase, Informix)
- Experience with iOS and support of devices eg iPad, iPhone MacBook, iMac.
- Experience with and support of Android Devices.
- Experience with FTP Servers and clients.
- Customer service and good communication skills to stakeholders on all levels.
The IT Operations Department operate and support their Production Environment from 06:30 to 23:10, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
37.5 Hour week which will be based on a Rota. This will be four days working and four days off, two early shifts (06:30 – 18:10) followed by two late shifts (11:30 – 23:10)