Technical Architect – Platforms
Overview of Role
One of Stream Recruitment’s Consultancy clients are looking to recruit a Technical Architect for their platforms team. The architects are responsible for solution and technical architecture across a portfolio of projects. Portfolio includes CMS and E-commerce platforms augmented with bespoke integration to Legacy systems and integration to other in-house and SAAS platforms.
This role will involve travel UK wide but clients are predominantly based in London. All travel is fully expensed.
What you will be doing
- Work with project technical leads and customers to support product selection, solution and technical architecture activities. Champion application of appropriate quality practices and support customers in appreciating the impact these have on total cost of ownership.
- Support customers and BAs in identifying how business needs can be met cost effectively through leverage of platform capabilities.
- Assure that proper attention is given to product characteristics such as security, resilience and scalability. Guide application architecture in line with business requirements.
- Taken architectural leadership responsibility in complex project/product development
- Successfully managed conflicting stakeholder needs preserving quality while achieving business objectives
- Passionate about delivering high quality user experience
Modern software engineering practices
- Continuous integration
- Continuous delivery
- Good C# .NET experience
- Microsoft frameworks and architectural patterns
- Patterns for resilient cloud based products
- Exposure to various database technologies including NoSQL
- Good appreciation of common platforms employed in digital marketing
- Good understanding of the strategic role of CMS and Commerce platforms and how to define their boundaries within a solution
- A knowledge and appreciation for the architecture of the web and the standards which underpin it, with the ability to respect and leverage this within your own architectures
- Deep understanding of web application architectures and the role CMS and Commerce platforms play within them.
- Test Driven Development
- Behavior Driven Development
- When to employ manual testing
- Domain expertise in Digital Experience Management and E-commerce
- Good experience engaging business and marketing stakeholders
- Good commercial awareness